|By :The Essential Vegan Instant Pot Cookbook by Coco Morante|
|Browse Category||Dessert, Seven Ingredients or Less, Vegan & Vegetarian|
|Cooking Technique||Pressure Cook|
|Main Ingredient||Rhubarb, Strawberry|
|Prep Time||0 minutes|
|Cook Time||25 minutes|
- 1 lbs rhubarb about 4 large stalks, trimmed and cut into
- 1 lbs strawberries hulled and quartered lengthwise
- 1/2 cup turbinado or organic cane sugar
- 1/2 tsp ground cardamom
- Combine the rhubarb, strawberries, sugar, and cardamom in the Instant Pot and stir well, making sure to coat the rhubarb and strawberries evenly with the sugar. Let the mixture sit for 15 minutes, until the fruit releases its moisture. This is all of the liquid you will need for the recipe. Give the mixture another good stir.
- Secure the lid and set the Pressure Release to Sealing. Select the Manual or Pressure Cook setting and set the cooking time for 5 minutes at Low pressure. (The pot will take about 10 minutes to come up to pressure before the cooking program begins.)
- Let the pressure release naturally (this will take about 15 minutes). When the pressure has fully released, open the pot and stir the compote to break down the rhubarb.
- Transfer the compote to a heatproof container, where it will continue to thicken as it cools. Serve the compote warm or chilled. It will keep in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
The Essential Vegan Instant Pot Cookbook by Coco Morante
This enticing collection of more than 75 easy, inventive, well-tested vegan recipes for the incredibly popular electric pressure cooker, the Instant Pot, is the go-to source for mouthwatering plant-based weekday meals.
The best-selling Instant Pot makes cooking delicious meals a snap! But finding vegan recipes that are both inspiring and trustworthy has proven difficult, until now. The Essential Vegan Instant Pot Cookbook presents a collection of quick and easy vegan recipes that cover each meal of the day, offering tried-and-true dishes with a modern twist, such as Black Bean Tamale Casserole, Root Vegetable Tagine with Couscous, African Peanut Stew, Jerk Tofu Wraps, and more. And best of all, they’re all well-tested and authorized by Instant Pot. With beautiful photography and an attractive package, this book is an indulgence for home cooks who live a plant-based lifestyle as well as healthy eaters looking to incorporate more meatless Mondays into their week.
COCO MORANTE is a recipe developer and food blogger who runs the extremely popular Instant Pot Recipes Facebook page, founded the blog LeftySpoon.com, and is the author of The Essential Instant Pot Cookbook and The Ultimate Instant Pot Cookbook. Her recipes are featured in numerous print and online publications, including Simply Recipes, The Kitchn, and Edible Silicon Valley. A self-taught cook and classically trained soprano, Coco lives with her husband and their beagle in Portland, Oregon.
All recipes by : The Essential Vegan Instant Pot Cookbook by Coco Morante
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!