|By :The Instant Pot Ultimate Sous Vide Cookbook by Jason Logsdon|
This recipe is for a classic club sandwich, but if you wanted to add cheese, use mustard, or put it on a hoagie roll instead of bread, I won’t tell!
|Duration||more than 2 hours|
|Cooking Technique||Sous Vide|
|Main Ingredient||Bacon, Bread, Turkey Breast|
|Prep Time||15 minutes|
|Cook Time||2-4 hours|
- 1-2 lbs turkey breast
- 12 slices of high-quality bread toasted
- 8 large Lettuce leaves
- 4 slices tomato
- 8 strips cooked bacon
- 16 toothpicks
FOR THE TURKEY BREAST
- Preheat the water bath to
- Salt and pepper the turkey then seal in a sous vide bag. Place the bag in the water bath and cook the turkey for 2 to 4 hours, until pasteurized.
- Take the sous vide bag out of the water and remove the cooked turkey from the bag. Dry it off thoroughly, using paper towels or a clean dish cloth. Lightly salt the turkey, then quickly sear it for 1 to 2 minutes per side, just until browned. Remove from the heat and cut the turkey into thin slices.
- For each club sandwich, take a piece of bread and spread mayonnaise on one side. Add several slices of turkey to the bread and top with a piece of lettuce. Add another piece of bread and top with a slice of tomato, a piece of lettuce, and
2 stripsof bacon. Spread mayonnaise on another piece of bread and place that on top of the sandwich. Cut the sandwich into quarters and place a toothpick through each quarter to hold it together. Repeat for the remaining 3 sandwiches, then serve.
The Instant Pot Ultimate Sous Vide Cookbook by Jason Logsdon
Jason Logsdon has published several cookbooks, including Modernist Cooking Made Easy: Sous Vide: The Authoritative Guide to Low Temperature Precision Cooking. He runs AmazingFoodMadeEasy.com, one of the largest modernist cooking websites.)
Once a cooking technique only used in fine-dining restaurants or on cooking shows, the sous vide machine has now become affordable for home cooks. Using a vacuum-sealed bag and temperature-controlled, circulating water, it cooks food gradually to the perfect temperature. This comprehensive introduction teaches you everything you need to know about sous vide preparation, including cooking times, and provides 100 inspired recipes for meat, poultry, seafood, vegetables, and desserts that go beyond the basics.
All recipes by : The Instant Pot Ultimate Sous Vide Cookbook by Jason Logsdon
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!