Slow Cooker German Pancake
|By :Keto In an Instant Cookbook By Stacey Crawford|
This giant pancake is surprisingly low in carbs compared to traditional pancakes. It has the texture of a thick crepe, is lightly sweet, and is topped with a drizzle of melted butter and a dollop of sugar-free jam.
|Prep Time||5 minutes|
|Cook Time||90 minutes|
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup erythritol and oligosaccharide blend granular sweetener
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp fine grind sea salt
- 3 tbsp melted butter divided
- 2 tbsp no-sugar-added berry jam
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, almond milk, lemon juice, and vanilla extract. Whisk to combine. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the almond flour, sweetener, baking powder, and sea salt. Mix well.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until the batter is well combined and no lumps remain.
- Coat the bottom of the inner pot with
1 tbspof the melted butter and then add the batter.
- Cover and lock the lid, but leave the steam release handle in the venting position. Select Slow Cook (High), adjust the mode to High or More, and set the cook time for 1 hour 30 minutes.
- When the cook time is complete, open the lid and insert a toothpick into the center of the pancake to check for doneness. (The toothpick should come out clean.)
- Remove the inner pot from the base. Using a spatula, carefully loosen the edges of the pancake from the sides of the pot and transfer the pancake to a large plate. Use the spatula to flip the pancake over so the browned side is facing up.
- Slice into 6 equal-sized wedges. Drizzle
1 teaspoonof the melted butter over each wedge and then top each serving with 1 teaspoonof the berry jam. Serve warm.
Use a jam that is labeled sugar-free, no-sugar-added, or stevia-sweetened, and look for varieties such as mixed berry, strawberry, blueberry, raspberry, or blackberry.
Nutrition per serving
Net carbs: 3g
Keto In an Instant Cookbook By Stacey Crawford
Stacey Crawford is the blogger behind beautyandthefoodie.com where she creates and shares healthy, low-carb, ketogenic recipes. As a sufferer of celiac disease, she’s discovered that eating healthy, satisfying food through a grain-free, low-carb ketogenic diet is the key to creating good health.
All recipes by : Keto In an Instant Cookbook By Stacey Crawford
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!