Lilits recipe test1
Slow-Cook Chai-Spiced Breakfast Quinoa with Berries
Instead of getting your chai fix in a cup, try it in a bowl—in this healthy and nicely spiced grain-based breakfast dish. Fresh berries are stirred into the creamy grains and placed on top—with a drizzle of honey.
|Duration||more than 2 hours|
|Diet||Celiac, Dairy Free, Plant-Based, Vegan, Vegetarian|
|Cooking Technique||Slow Cook|
|Main Ingredient||Berries, Coconut Milk, Quinoa|
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||120 minutes|
- 2 cups quinoa
- 5 cups Water
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons Ginger minced fresh
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup coconut milk refrigerated, full fat, or half-and-half
- 2 cups raspberries chopped strawberries, blueberries, and/or blackberries
- honey topping
- Place quinoa in a sieve and rinse well under cool running water; let drain.
- Combine quinoa, the water, honey, coconut oil, ginger, cardamom, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, and salt in the Instant Pot.
- Secure the lid on the pot. Open the pressure-release valve. Select slow cook and adjust to more.
- Cook for 2 to 3 hours or until grains are tender. Press cancel.
- Stir in the coconut milk and
1 cupof the fresh berries. Top each serving with the remaining berries and drizzle with honey.