Lilits recipe test1
Savory Blue Cheese Appetizer Cheesecake
With a crust of crushed buttery crackers and chopped pecans, this savory cheesecake takes the standard cheeseball to a new level. Paired with crisp, sweet slices of apple and pear, it’s perfect for a fall party.
|Browse Category||Side Dishes|
|Cooking Technique||Pressure Cook|
|Main Ingredient||Crackers, Cream Cheese, Eggs|
|Prep Time||45 minutes|
|Cook Time||65 minutes|
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 cup buttery crackers finely crushed
- 1/2 cup pecans finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter melted
- 16 ounces cream cheese softened
- 4 ounces blue cheese crumbled
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 3 eggs room temperature
- 1/4 cup green onions diced
- 2 cups Water
- crackers or crostini, for serving
- pear and/or apple slices, for serving
- Lightly spray a 6-or 7-inch springform pan with cooking spray. Cut a piece of parchment paper to fit the bottom of the pan. Place in the pan and spray again; set aside.
- Combine crackers, pecans, and butter; mix well. Press into bottom and about 1 1/2 inches up the sides of the springform pan.
- Beat cream cheese, blue cheese, and cream in a large bowl until smooth and creamy. Beat in basil, garlic powder, and white pepper.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating just until egg is combined. Fold in green onions.
- Pour into prepared crust. (Pan will be full.) Tent with foil. Place trivet in the bottom of the pot. Pour the water into the Instant Pot.
- Cut a piece of foil the same size as a paper towel. Place the foil under the paper towel and place the pan on top of the paper towel. Wrap the bottom of the pan in the foil with the paper towel as a barrier. Fold an 18-inch-long piece of foil into thirds lengthwise. Place under the pan and use the two sides as a sling to place cheesecake on the trivet in the pot.
- Secure the lid on the pot. Close the pressure-release valve.
- Select Manual and cook at high pressure for 40 minutes. When cooking is complete, use a natural release to depressurize.
- Remove the cheesecake from the pot using the sling. Cool on the rack for 1 hour and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Carefully remove pan sides. Serve cheesecake with crackers or crostini and pear and/or apple slices.