|By :Holy Mess|
This delicious Easy Salsa Chicken is as delicious as it is healthy! Chicken cooks quickly in the Instant Pot and stays tender. Use the chicken shredded on top of rice and beans for a hearty dinner.
|Browse Category||Kid-Friendly, Poultry, Seven Ingredients or Less|
|Cooking Technique||Pressure Cook|
|Main Ingredient||Chicken Breast, Salsa|
|Prep Time||5 minutes|
|Cook Time||15 minutes|
- 4 chicken breasts fresh or frozen
- 1 jar salsa
- 1/2 cup water or chicken broth
- 1 cup plain fat free Greek yogurt
- Add chicken breasts to Instant Pot inner pot.
- Add chicken broth or water.
- Top with salsa.
- Cook on "Manual" ,"Poultry" or "Pressure Cook" for 15 minutes.
- Natural or quick release.
- Optional - if you desire a thicker sauce, simmer on "saute" for 5 minutes.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- Remove chicken, chop with knife or shred with 2 forks. Return chicken to pot.
- Stir in 1 cup plain, nonfat Greek yogurt.
- Serve over rice, over taco salad, or in tortillas (additional points).
The Holy Mess is a website that teaches busy women to balance, family, and fitness.
I am a busy wife and mom. Ten years ago, I lost 100 pounds and have been maintaining my weight loss since then. Read more about my weight loss story by clicking here.
Our website is named The Holy Mess because life is messy but it’s also holy when we dedicated our efforts to God. God can take our messes and use them to His good.
Our family was built by birth and adoption. We were foster parents for 6 years to over 35 foster children. My husband is a pastor.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!