Vortex Plus - Crispy Boneless Buffalo Wings
Potato Corn Chowder
|By :Chop Secrets|
|Browse Category||Soups, Stews & Broths|
|Cooking Technique||Pressure Cook, Sauté|
|Main Ingredient||Bacon, Chicken Broth, Heavy Cream, Onion, Potatoes|
|Prep Time||5 minutes|
|Cook Time||25 minutes|
- 4 slices bacon diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 onion finely diced
- 4 cups chicken broth warmed
- 1 1/2 lbs red potatoes unpeeled, cut into a
- 16 oz frozen corn kernels
- 2 tsp sprigs fresh thyme or
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 3 tbsp flour
- Pinch of cayenne
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp snipped fresh chives for garnish optional
- Add bacon to the Instant Pot. Using the display panel select the SAUTÉ function and adjust to MORE or HIGH . Cook and stir until bacon is crisp. Remove bacon to a paper towel-lined plate, reserving drippings.
- Add onion to the drippings and Sauté until it begins to soften, 2-3 minutes. Add garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes more.
- Add warmed broth to the pot and deglaze by using a wooden spoon to scrape the brown bits from the bottom of the pot.
- Add potatoes, corn and thyme sprigs to the pot and stir, then secure the lid, making sure the vent is closed.
- Using the display panel select the MANUAL or PRESSURE COOK function*. Use the +/- keys and program the Instant Pot for 10 minutes.
- When the time is up, quick-release the remaining pressure.
- Remove the thyme sprigs and discard. Return the pot to SAUTÉ mode and bring to a boil.
- In a small bowl, whisk together cream, flour and cayenne. Add to boiling pot and cook and stir until slightly thickened, 4-5 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately, garnished with bacon and (optional) chives.
All recipes by : Chop Secrets
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!