Lilits recipe test1
Pot Roast with Red Wine Sauce
|Diet||Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Low Carb|
|Prep Time||25 minutes|
|Cook Time||80 minutes|
- 1 beef chuck roast boneless,
3 poundsto 3 1/2 pounds
- black pepper freshly ground
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 stalk celery chopped
- 3/4 cup dry red wine
- 14 1/2 ounces diced tomatoes
- 4 cloves garlic smashed with side of chef’s knife
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 pound carrots peeled and cut into
- 1 pound pearl onions frozen
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch dissolved in
- Pat beef dry with paper towels; season on all sides with
1/4 teaspooneach salt and pepper.
- In the Instant Pot select sauté function and adjust heat to More. Cook beef in oil for 6 minutes, until browned, turning once. Set on plate.
- Add celery and wine; cook 2 minutes. Stir in tomatoes, garlic, thyme, and bay leaf. Hit cancel to turn off sauté function.
- Place beef on top and press into sauce. Cover and lock lid. Select Manual/Pressure Cook and cook at high pressure for 1 hour 15 minutes.
- Once cooking is complete, release pressure by using natural release function. Transfer beef to cutting board. Discard bay leaf.
- Skim off any excess fat from surface. Choose sauté function and adjust heat to More. Cook 18 minutes, or until reduced by about half (
2 1/2 cups). Hit cancel to turn off sauté function.
- Add carrots and onions. Cover and lock lid. Select Manual/Pressure Cook and cook at high pressure for 4 minutes.
- Once cooking is complete, release pressure by using a quick release. Using sauté function, keep at a simmer.
- Gradually stir in cornstarch mixture and cook 1 minute. Season with salt and pepper to taste.