Lilits recipe test1
Mushroom and Spinach Risotto
The traditional cooking method for risotto involves standing at the stove and stirring almost constantly to achieve the signature creamy texture of the dish. The Instant Pot® eliminates that, turning out luscious risotto with the touch of a button.
|Browse Category||Rice & Pastas|
|Diet||Celiac, Gluten Free, Vegetarian|
|Cooking Technique||Pressure Cook, Sauté|
|Main Ingredient||Mushrooms, Rice, Vegetable Broth|
|Prep Time||25 minutes|
|Cook Time||20 minutes|
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup shallots chopped
- 8 ounces cremini mushrooms sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 cups vegetable broth or chicken if not vegetarian
- 1 cup Arborio rice
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese freshly grated
- Select sauté on the Instant Pot and adjust to normal. Add oil to pot. When oil is hot, add shallots and cook for 2 minutes to soften, stirring occasionally.
- Add mushrooms, salt, and crushed red pepper; cook for 4 minutes or until mushrooms are tender, stirring frequently.
- Add garlic; cook and stir for 1 minute more. Press cancel. Add broth, rice, and thyme.
- Secure the lid on the pot. Close the pressure-release valve. Select Manual and cook at high pressure for 6 minutes. When cooking is complete, use a quick release to depressurize.
- Add butter and spinach to rice mixture; stir to wilt spinach. Stir in Parmesan cheese.