Lilits recipe test1
Macaroni and Cheese
This is a creamy, cheesy, classic mac ‘n’ cheese! The macaroni cooks in vegetable or chicken broth, and there’s no straining or draining required. For a change of pace, switch out the Cheddar cheese for Fontina, Gruyère, or smoked Gouda.
|Browse Category||Rice & Pastas|
|Duration||less than 15 min|
|Cooking Technique||Pressure Cook|
|Main Ingredient||Cheese, Chicken Broth, Pasta|
|Prep Time||5 minutes|
|Cook Time||6 minutes|
- 1 pound elbow macaroni
- 4 cups chicken broth or vegetable broth, low sodium
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 12 ounces sharp Cheddar cheese shredded, 3 cups tightly packed
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese shredded, about 2 ounces
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoons yellow mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Combine the macaroni, broth, and butter in the Instant Pot.
- Secure the lid and set the Steam Release to Sealing. Select the Manual setting and set the cooking time for 6 minutes at high pressure. Perform a quick release by moving the Steam Release to Venting.
- Open the pot and stir in the cheeses, sour cream, mustard, and cayenne pepper. Let sit for 5 minutes to thicken, then stir again and serve.
- If you like, finish the macaroni and cheese under the broiler for a crispy topping.
- Transfer to a 3-quart flameproof baking dish, sprinkle evenly with 1 cup panko bread crumbs, and then broil for just a few minutes, until the bread crumbs are golden brown.