Vortex Plus - Crispy Boneless Buffalo Wings
Jerk Chicken and Cornbread
|By :Chop Secrets|
|Course||Lunch, Main Course|
|Cooking Technique||Pressure Cook, Sauté|
|Main Ingredient||Chicken Broth, Chicken Thighs, Garlic, Lime|
|Prep Time||5 minutes|
|Cook Time||30 minutes|
Chicken and Cornbread:
- 8.5 oz corn muffin mix
1 box, prepared according to package directions
- 2 tbsp Thinly sliced scallions
- 1 jalapeno seeded and minced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs
- Lime wedges and additional sliced scallions for garnish (optional)
- 2 tbsp molasses
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp paprika
- 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 1/2 tsp allspice
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 3/4 tsp cayenne or to taste
- 1/4 tsp pepper
Chicken and Cornbread:
- Prepare corn muffin mix according to package directions, then stir in sliced scallions and minced jalapeno.
- Coat the inside of a silicone egg bite mold with nonstick spray
- Divide corn muffin batter into the egg bite molds. Tap on the counter to even the batter and release and bubbles. Cover loosely with foil--do not seal.
- In a medium bowl, combine the Jerk Mixture ingredients and stir until uniform. Reserve half the jerk mixture and set aside.
- Add olive oil to the Instant Pot. Using the display panel select the SAUTE function.
- Coat the chicken thighs in the remaining jerk mixture, then brown the chicken on both sides, 3-4 minutes per side. Meat will not be cooked through. Do not crowd the pot--you may have to work in batches. Transfer browned meat to a shallow dish and cover loosely with foil.
- Add broth to the pot and deglaze by using a wooden spoon to scrape the brown bits from the bottom of the pot.
- Add chicken to the pot in an even layer, then spread remaining jerk mixture on the chicken.
- 9. Insert the steam rack and lower the egg bite mold onto the riser using a foil sling.
- Turn the pot off by selecting CANCEL, then secure the lid, making sure the vent is closed.
- Using the display panel select the MANUAL or PRESSURE COOK function*. Use the +/- keys and program the Instant Pot for 10 minutes.
- When the time is up, let the pressure naturally release for 5 minutes, then quick-release the remaining pressure.
- Serve the chicken with cornbread. Garnish with lime wedges and additional sliced scallions, if desired..
*The MANUAL and PRESSURE COOK buttons are interchangeable.
All recipes by : Chop Secrets
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!