• For a 3-quart cooker, you must use 1/2 cup broth and halve the remaining ingredients.
• For an 8-quart cooker, you must keep the ingredients as they are but increase the broth to 1 1/4 cups—or simply increase all the ingredients by 50 percent.
• Serve with dollops of sour cream or plain Greek yogurt.
• And/or serve with spoonfuls of pickle relish, or even purchased India relish (a more savory version of pickle relish), as well as bottled hot red pepper sauce.
• Use a 50/50 mix of lean ground beef and lean ground pork.