|By :The Essential Indian Instant Pot Cookbook by Archana Mundhe|
|Cooking Technique||Pressure Cook, Sauté|
|Main Ingredient||Cardamom, Fig, Pistachios|
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||20 minutes|
- 1 lb turkish figs, dried, stemmed and coarsely chopped
- 1 cup Water
- 1 cup walnuts finely chopped
- 1/2 cup shelled pistachios finely chopped
- 1/3 cup ghee
- 1 tsp cardamom ground
- Combine the figs and water in the Instant Pot.
- Secure the lid and set the Pressure Release to Sealing. Select the Pressure Cook or Manual setting and set the cooking time for 5 minutes at high pressure.
- Perform a quick release by moving the Pressure Release to Venting. Open the pot and coarsely mash the figs with a potato masher or wooden spatula. Add the walnuts, pistachios, ghee, and cardamom and stir together. Press the Cancel button to reset the cooking program, then select the low Sauté setting and cook the halwa, stirring frequently, until it thickens to a pudding-like consistency, about 10 minutes. Press the Cancel button to turn off the Instant Pot.
- Spoon the halwa into bowls and serve.
The Essential Indian Instant Pot Cookbook by Archana Mundhe
This authorized collection of 75 simplified Indian classics for the immensely popular electric pressure cooker, the Instant Pot, is a beautifully photographed, easy-to-follow source for flavorful weekday meals.
The Essential Indian Instant Pot Cookbook is your source for quick, flavorful Indian favorites and contemporary weekday meals. With 75 well-tested recipes authorized by Instant Pot covering every meal of the day, this is a go-to resource for classic chicken, lamb, and vegetarian curries; daals, soups, and seafood like fennel and saffron spiced mussels; breakfast delights like spicy frittata and ginger almond oatmeal; and sweet treats like rose milk cake and fig and walnut halwa.
ARCHANA MUNDHE is a software engineer turned recipe developer, cooking instructor, and food blogger who writes at Ministry of Curry. Born and raised in western India, Mundhe now cooks and writes in New Jersey, where she lives with her husband and their two sons.
All recipes by : The Essential Indian Instant Pot Cookbook by Archana Mundhe
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!