Lilits recipe test1
Easy Aloo Beans
Punjabi-style aloo beans recipe prepared with cumin, garlic and spices
|Browse Category||Vegan & Vegetarian|
|Diet||Celiac, Dairy Free, Gluten Free, High Fibre, Plant-Based, Vegan, Vegetarian|
|Cooking Technique||Pressure Cook|
|Prep Time||5 minutes|
|Cook Time||10 minutes|
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds or Jeera
- 4 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 green chili chopped (optional)
- 2 cup green beans chopped in
- 1 potato cubed into small pieces
- 2 teaspoons coriander or Dhania powder
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric or Haldi powder
- 1/4 teaspoon red chili or Mirchi powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon dry mango or Amchur powder, can also be replaced with lemon juice
- Start the Instant Pot in Sauté mode, heat it and then add oil. Heating the pot first helps later, so the veggies don't stick to the bottom. Then add cumin seeds, garlic and green chili.
- When the cumin seeds start to splutter, add chopped green beans and potatoes. Add spices except dry mango powder and mix properly. Sprinkle water with your hand.
- Close the instant pot lid, and change setting to manual mode for 2 minutes. When the instant pot beeps, let the pressure release naturally.
- Mix in the dry mango powder or lemon juice. If there is any water, change the setting to saute mode and get it to your desired consistency. Aloo Beans are ready to be served with roti or naan.
If you like firm beans, do a 5 minute NPR, which means release the pressure manually 5 minutes after the instant pot beeps.