• You must halve the recipe for a 3-quart cooker.
• To make the flavor more authentic and less like sesame noodles, substitute sunflower seed butter for the tahini. Or skip the fancy stuff and use natural-style creamy peanut butter.
• To be more authentic, you can also substitute ¼ cup Chinese black vinegar for the balsamic vinegar and Worcestershire sauce.
• And substitute Shaoxing (a Chinese rice wine) for the sherry, vermouth, or water.
• Finally, use roasted Chinese chiles in oil, particularly Laoganma Spicy Chili Crisp Sauce, instead of the sambal oelek or hot sauce.