Vortex Plus - Crispy Boneless Buffalo Wings
Creamy Shrimp Bisque
|By :Chop Secrets|
|Browse Category||Fish & Seafood, Soups, Stews & Broths|
|Cooking Technique||Pressure Cook, Sauté|
|Prep Time||0 minutes|
|Cook Time||25 minutes|
- 1 lb peeled and deveined shrimp roughly chopped
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tbsp brandy
- 1 1/2 cups broth warmed
- 2 lbs tomatoes quartered
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tbsp fresh chives snipped
- Season the shrimp with salt and pepper, then add butter to the Instant Pot. Using the display panel select the SAUTE function.
- When butter melts, add shrimp and cook, tossing occasionally, until opaque throughout, 3 - 4 minutes. Transfer shrimp to a shallow dish and cover loosely with foil.
- Add olive oil to the pot. When oil is hot, add onion, celery, and carrots to the pot and saute until softened, 3 - 4 minutes. Add garlic and cook for 1 - 2 minutes more.
- Add brandy to the pot and cook for 30 seconds, then add broth to the pot and deglaze by using a wooden spoon to scrape the brown bits from the bottom of the pot.
- Add tomatoes to the pot and stir to combine.
- Turn the pot off by selecting CANCEL, then secure the lid, making sure the vent is closed.
- Using the display panel select the MANUAL or PRESSURE COOK function*. Use the +/- keys and program the Instant Pot for 8 minutes.
- When the time is up, quick-release the pressure, then use an immersion blender to puree the soup.
- Stir in heavy cream, adjust seasonings, then ladle the soup into bowls and top with the shrimp and chives.
*The MANUAL and PRESSURE COOK buttons are interchangeable.
All recipes by : Chop Secrets
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!