Lilits recipe test1
Brussels Sprouts with Bacon & Balsamic
After being steamed to tender perfection, the sprouts are browned with the bacon until they get a crisp, golden edge. A drizzle of balsamic vinegar adds a hint of sweetness
|Browse Category||Side Dishes|
|Diet||Celiac, Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Low Carb, Paleo|
|Main Ingredient||Bacon, Balsamic, Brussel Sprouts|
|Prep Time||20 minutes|
|Cook Time||20 miutes|
- 2 cups Water
- 12 ounces fresh Brussels sprouts trimmed and halved
- 5 slices bacon chopped
- 2 tablespoons chives chopped fresh
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Place a vegetable steamer basket with legs in the Instant Pot. Add the water to the pot.
- Add Brussels sprouts to pot, arranging evenly in the steamer basket.
- Secure the lid on the pot. Close the pressure-release valve. Select manual and cook at high pressure for 2 minutes. When cooking is complete, use a quick release to depressurize. Press cancel.
- Transfer Brussels sprouts to a medium bowl. Remove steamer basket from pot; pour water from the pot. Wipe pot dry.
- Select sauté and adjust to normal. Add half of the Brussels sprouts and half of the bacon to the pot.
- Cook for 5 to 7 minutes or until sprouts are browned and bacon is crisp, stirring occasionally.
- Transfer sprouts and bacon to a serving dish; cover to keep warm. Repeat with remaining sprouts and bacon.
- Add to serving dish with first half of sprouts and bacon. Press cancel.
- Sprinkle sprouts with chives and drizzle with vinegar; sprinkle with pepper and salt. Toss quickly to coat. Serve immediately.
- *TIP: If your steamer basket doesn’t have legs, place the trivet in the pot first, then place steamer basket on top of it.