Lilits recipe test1
Bell Peppers & Potato Stir Fry
Punjabi-style bell pepper and potato (aloo simla mirch) recipe prepared with cumin, garlic and spices.
|Browse Category||Vegan & Vegetarian|
|Diet||Celiac, Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Plant-Based, Vegan, Vegetarian|
|Cooking Technique||Pressure Cook, Sauté|
|Prep Time||5 minutes|
|Cook Time||15 minutes|
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 bell pepper cut in long pieces
- 4 baby potatoes or 1 large potato, cut into small pieces.
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds or Jeera
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mango or Amchur powder or
1/2 tablespoonlemon juice
- cilantro to garnish
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric or Haldi powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne or red chili powder
- 2 teaspoon coriander or Dhania powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Heat instant pot in sauté mode and add oil in it. Add cumin and garlic.
- Once the garlic turns golden brown, add the cut bell peppers, potatoes and spices. Mix well. Sprinkle water with your hand.
- Change the instant pot setting to manual mode or pressure cook mode, at high pressure for 2 minutes. Keep the vent in sealed position.
- When the instant pot beeps, quick release the pressure manually. The veggies would be cooked. If they are watery, change the instant pot setting to saute mode and stir until you get the desired consistency.
- Stir in the dry mango powder or lemon juice and mix well.
- Garnish with cilantro and enjoy with roti or naan, along with some homemade yogurt.
- I added both bell peppers and potatoes to this recipe. To make it paleo, you can skip the potatoes or add sweet potatoes.
- I did not add any water while cooking this dry bell pepper & beans, as I don’t like a runny consistency. You can just sprinkle some water with your hand or add about 1/8 cup water, before setting the instant pot in manual/pressure cook mode. If some spices get stuck to the bottom of the pot, mix them in with the veggies. It will only enhance the taste.
- You can certainly make this in a sauce pan. Just allow few extra minutes for cooking. Cover with a lid, which will help to expedite the cooking.
- If you want to increase the quantity, double or triple the ingredients. The cooking time will remain the same.