|By :Vegan Instant Pot Cookbook By Nisha Vora|
The recipe is designed for a
|Browse Category||Breakfast, Dessert, Kid-Friendly|
|Cooking Technique||Pressure Cook|
|Main Ingredient||Almond Milk, Bananas, Flour, Vanilla|
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||50 minutes|
- Cooking spray or neutral- ﬂavored oil for the pan
1 1/4 cupsall- purpose ﬂour, plus more for ﬂouring the pan
- 1 teaspoon aluminum- free baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ﬁne sea salt or kosher salt
- 1/3 cup coconut oil melted, or a neutral- ﬂavored oil such as sunﬂower oil
- 1/2 cup organic cane sugar
- 1/3 cup unsweetened plain almond milk or other nondairy milk at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons ﬂaxseed meal
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 very ripe medium bananas mashed with a fork
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/3 cup Chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons all- purpose ﬂour or almond ﬂour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon Scant kosher salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons coconut oil melted
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- Grease a
7 3/4 inch× 3 3/4- inchloaf pan or a 7- inchspring form pan with cooking spray or oil and sprinkle with a spoon of ﬂour. Shake to evenly distribute the ﬂour and set the pan aside.
- For easy removal of the pan from the Instant Pot, create a foil sling. (Alternatively, you can use oven mitts to carefully remove the pan.)
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the
1 1/4 cupsﬂour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a large bowl, whisk the melted coconut oil and sugar until incorporated. Stir in the room- temperature almond milk, ﬂaxseed meal, and vanilla until well combined.
- Gently stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients with a wooden spoon or silicone spatula until just combined, taking care to not overmix. Fold in the mashed bananas with a silicone spatula.
- Pour the banana bread batter into the prepared pan and cover the pan tightly with foil. On the counter, place the pan on top of the steamer rack (with the handles facing up) and arrange the foil sling (if using) underneath the steamer rack. Pour
1 cupof water in the inner pot of the Instant Pot. Carefully lower the pan into the inner pot using the foil sling or steamer rack handles. A loaf pan will ﬁt very snugly.
- Secure the lid and set the Pressure Release to Sealing. Select the Pressure Cook setting at high pressure and increase the cook time to 50 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the walnut streusel: In a small bowl, mix together the oats, walnuts, ﬂour, cinnamon, and salt. Pour in the melted coconut oil and maple syrup and fold in with a silicone spatula to evenly combine.
- Once the 50- minute timer on the Instant Pot has completed and beeps, allow a natural pressure release.
- Wearing oven mitts, grasp the foil sling or steamer rack handles and carefully lift the pan out of the Instant Pot. Carefully remove the foil cover without dropping condensation on the bread. Insert a toothpick to ensure the bread is done— it should come out with a few moist crumbs. If the bread needs more time, re- cover the pan with foil, place it back on top of the steamer rack, select the Pressure Cook setting at high pressure, and cook for another 5 minutes; allow a natural pressure release for 5 minutes before performing a quick pressure release.
- Once the bread is cooked through, sprinkle the top evenly with the streusel and allow it to cool in the pan for 10 minutes on a wire rack. Then remove the bread from the pan and cool for another 10 minutes on the wire rack before cutting into slices.
TIP: Want to keep this bread nut- free? Omit the walnut streusel (the bread is delicious on its own) and use a nut- free milk such as oat milk or soy milk instead of the almond milk.
Vegan Instant Pot Cookbook By Nisha Vora
The Vegan Instant pot Cookbook:
A new and vibrant vegan cookbook authorized by Instant Pot, from the creator of the Rainbow Plant Life blog.With food and photos as vivid, joyous, and wholesome as the title of her popular cooking blog–Rainbow Plant Life–suggests, Nisha Vorashares nourishing recipes with her loyal followers daily. Now, in her debut cookbook, she makes healthy, delicious everyday cooking a snap with more than 90 nutritious (and colorful!) recipes you can make easily with the magic of an Instant Pot pressure cooker. With a comprehensive primer to the machine and all its functions, you, too, can taste the rainbow with a full repertoire of vegan dishes. Start the day with Nisha’s Homemade Coconut Yogurt or Breakfast Enchilada Casserole, then move on to hearty mains like Miso Mushroom Risotto, and even decadent desserts including Double Fudge Chocolate Cake and Red Wine-Poached Pears. The Vegan Instant Pot Cookbook will quickly become a go-to source of inspiration in your kitchen.
Nisha Vorais a food blogger, photographer, and author of The Vegan Instant Pot Cookbook: Wholesome, Indulgent Plant-Based Recipes (June 2019, Avery). After graduating from Harvard Law School and working as a lawyer for four years, she exchanged her casebooks for cookbooks and launched a career in her dream world of food by creating Rainbow Plant Life, a popular vegan Instagram account,blog, and YouTube channel.
All recipes by : Vegan Instant Pot Cookbook By Nisha Vora
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!