|By :The Instant Pot Ultimate Sous Vide Cookbook by Jason Logsdon|
|Browse Category||Breakfast, Kid-Friendly, Seven Ingredients or Less|
|Cooking Technique||Sous Vide|
|Main Ingredient||Apples, Maple Syrup, Steel-Cut Oats|
|Prep Time||5 minutes|
|Cook Time||30 minutes|
- 2/3 cup Bob’s Red Mill Organic Quick Cook Steel Cut Oats
- 1/4 cup diced apples
- 1 1/3 cups Water
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- dash of salt
- maple syrup
- Almond slivers
- Thinly sliced apple
For the Oatmeal
- Preheat a water bath to
- Combine the oats, apple, water, cinnamon, and salt in a pint (
16 ounce) jar. Screw the lid on the jar until it’s finger-tight, basically until you feel medium resistance when tightening using only your fingertips.
- This will allow some air to escape during the sous vide process and help prevent breakage.
- Shake the jar, then carefully place it in the water bath. Cook the oatmeal for 30 to 45 minutes, until the water is absorbed and the oatmeal is cooked through, shaking the jar once or twice during the process.
- Spoon the oatmeal into a bowl. Drizzle with maple syrup, then top with almond slivers and apple slices.
For this recipe I use Bob’s Red Mill® Organic Quick Cook Steel Cut oats, but you can use any oatmeal you. Just change the time and water amounts. In general, it takes about 20 percent longer than is called for on the stovetop, and the amount of liquid needed is only about 80 percent of what you usually need, due to the lack of evaporation.
The Instant Pot Ultimate Sous Vide Cookbook by Jason Logsdon
Jason Logsdon has published several cookbooks, including Modernist Cooking Made Easy: Sous Vide: The Authoritative Guide to Low Temperature Precision Cooking. He runs AmazingFoodMadeEasy.com, one of the largest modernist cooking websites.)
Once a cooking technique only used in fine-dining restaurants or on cooking shows, the sous vide machine has now become affordable for home cooks. Using a vacuum-sealed bag and temperature-controlled, circulating water, it cooks food gradually to the perfect temperature. This comprehensive introduction teaches you everything you need to know about sous vide preparation, including cooking times, and provides 100 inspired recipes for meat, poultry, seafood, vegetables, and desserts that go beyond the basics.
All recipes by : The Instant Pot Ultimate Sous Vide Cookbook by Jason Logsdon
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!