Lilits recipe test1
Ancho Chile Shredded Beef Tacos
Meal prep like the pros with this simple ancho chile taco recipe made with flavor-filled chuck roast slow-cooked to perfection with fresh tomatoes and dried chiles. The result is tender, shredded beef and a thick sauce that brings a little heat to your table. Serve in a bowl with avocado, green onion and other garnishes, or spoon the beef onto primal tortillas. Either way, primal beef tacos made with nutrient-dense veggies and avocado-oil based Primal Kitchen® Chipotle Lime Mayo make for an amazing meal!
|Duration||more than 2 hours|
|Cooking Technique||Pressure Cook|
|Main Ingredient||Ancho Chiles, Beef Chuck, Beef Stock|
|Prep Time||20 minutes|
|Cook Time||100 minutes|
- 2 ancho chiles stemmed and seeded
- 1 1/2 cups beef stock or bone broth
- 4 pounds beef chuck roast boneless
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 yellow onion finely chopped
- 5 garlic cloves chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 1/2 pounds tomatoes chopped into small pieces
- Primal Kitchen® Chipotle Lime Mayo or any chipotle mayo
- green onion
- sautéed green bell peppers
- sour cream
- cotija cheese
- Boil the ancho chiles in the beef or bone stock for 10 minutes to soften.
- Remove the chiles, and use either scissors or a knife to cut them into thin strips. Set the chiles and stock aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together the salt, pepper, and cumin into a uniform spice powder.
- Cut the roast into 4 or 5 pieces. Rub the spice powder all over the meat.
- Dice the garlic.
- Add the garlic, chiles, and beef stock, and oregano to a blender, and blend until smooth into a fragrant enchilada sauce.
- Add salt to taste, and then cool to room temperature
- Roughly chop the onion and tomatoes.
- Split the beef between the two freezer bags. Pour half of the enchilada sauce over each. Add half of the tomatoes and onions to each. Zip each bag shut and freeze.
When you’re ready to eat…
- Place the contents of one freezer bag into your Instant Pot (no need to defrost).
- Close the Instant Pot lid, and cook at Manual for 100 minutes.
- Serve on primal tortillas.Top with Primal Kitchen® Chipotle Lime Mayo, avocado, green onion, sautéed green bell peppers, sour cream, cotija cheese. Enjoy!